Monday, July 21, 2008

5c Relections Majorie Crowder Group #1

Flirting with Urbanismo by Patt Morrison

I like Majorie's desciption of the story, she did a great job making me feel as though I read the passge myself.
Fliriting with Urbanismo is about downtown Los Angeles and how it has evolved through the years. There is a new immigrant in downtown Los Angeles with money and education and they are refered to as "Angelenos" these people have moved int lofts in the downtown warehouses and walk thier dogs with cups of coffee in their hands, the author almost makes them sound like superheros. I too loved the author's sentence "part circus, part museum" as a description for downtown Los Angeles. It is full of culture and diversity which makes it a natural tourist attraction. I plan to visit Los Angeles this summer and will remember the comments in the story.

No comments: